Tartan Ties 2017
Tartan Ties 2017
- Thursday 3rd August – Members of Clan Hay participate in the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Grape and Pillage competition entry forms will be given out after the event. Tickets £24
- Friday 4th August – Fly fishing on the River Dee.
- Friday 4th August (Evening 18:30) – Medieval Banquet at the Albert Hall Ballater. Tickets £35. We will be entertained by Paul Anderson on fiddle; Shona Donaldson singing traditional songs; Ian Smith (Ballater Pipe Band) on pipes along with our fabulous Clan Hay Pipe Band; Medieval Realms, the amazing re-enactment group will be entertaining us and explaining the food and events. We will enjoy a hog roast with additional food (provided by the Deeside Activity Park) accompanied by mead and wine. Further drinks may be brought by participants. Advance bookings only.
- Saturday 5th August – We will have our Clan tent at the Aboyne Highland Games and look forward to meeting you there. The Clan Hay Pipe Band will be participating in the event which is a real treat!
- Saturday 5th August (Evening 18:00) Carvery supper at the Deeside Activity Park. The results of our Grape and Pillage competition will be announced here. Tickets £25.
- Sunday 6th August (Midday) – Annual Clan Lunch at Delgatie Castle, our Clan Centre. Tickets £25. Advance booking only. Visit to both Old Slains and New Slains Castles followed by supper at 18:00 at the Kilmarnock Arms in Cruden Bay. Please advise Pam if you wish to attend as the hotel needs to know numbers.
- Monday 7th August – We will have a tent at Crathes Castle for our, “Tartan Times” event. This will include hearaldy/piping/Gaelic/ kilt making/tartans/targe making and everybody is welcome. There is no charge for this.
- Tuesday 8th August – Visit to Coupar Angus to see the remains of the Abbey and the tombs of the Hays. This is where the early Clan Hay Chiefs were buried.
- Please contact Pam Rotheroe-Hay for details of any of these events at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07777672059.